“Houston’s Largest Home Tour” Returns for April
More Than 100 New-Home Models Will Be Open In 10 Communities
The Johnson Development Corp. (JDC) is opening hundreds of doors citywide this April for “Houston’s Largest Home Tour,” combining home tours with public events that promise Texas-sized fun. Nearly 500 homes — including more than 100 models — will be open weekends in April in 10 master-planned communities throughout Houston.
Homes will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays and admission is free. Also planned during the month are unveilings of community art sculptures commemorating the 40th anniversary of JDC. Tour maps are available at johnsondevelopment.com.
Ten projects are participating in the tour:
- Riverstone, a 3,700-acre project in Fort Bend County just minutes from U.S. 59 and the Fort Bend Parkway. Riverstone is Johnson Development’s top-selling community, ranked No. 1 in Texas and No. 4 in the nation. Twenty-three models will be open for touring during April. Several events will be held throughout April in Riverstone, including the unveiling of the art project celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Johnson Development Corp. April 4 and the Sugar Land Wine & Food Affair On the Rocks Bartender Challenge April 9. A wildlife exhibit will be open April 11 and the “Flight” art display will be showcased April 1-15. To learn more visit riverstone.com.
- Sienna Plantation, a 10,000-acre development located along Highway 6 in Fort Bend County. With homes nestled in a forest of pecan and oak trees, Sienna also boasts three water parks and five on-site Fort Bend schools. Eventgoers also can enjoy the commemorative art display celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Johnson Development Corp. A “Big Dog Show” art sculpture will be on display April 15-30. Eight model homes will be open for touring. More information is available at siennaplantation.com.
- Imperial, a 700-acre development surrounding the historic Imperial Sugar Company refinery in Sugar Land. The mixed-use development will incorporate retail, residential, entertainment and office components to create a premier live-work-play community. The Sugar Land Wine & Food Affair will host the annual Sip & Stroll in Imperial April 11. Details are available at imperialsugarland.com. The “Big Dog Show” art display also will be in the community April 1-15. Four model homes will open for touring.
- Cross Creek Ranch, a 3,200-acre community in Fulshear, just minutes west of the Grand Parkway off of FM 1093. Cross Creek Ranch has been named the Greater Houston Builders Association’s Master-Planned Community of the Year for 2014. The public is invited to the annual Fest of Tails kite and canine event April 11 and can see a temporary “Flight” art display in the community April 15-30. Twenty model homes will be available to tour. Visit crosscreektexas.com for details.
- Edgewater, a 538-acre mixed-use development built along the banks of Clear Creek in Webster. Just minutes from Interstate 45, Edgewater is near the Johnson Space Center, the NASA Parkway bypass and several major medical centers. Waterways and miles of nature trails appeal to nature-loving residents. Visitors can tour a newly opened model by Coventry Homes in the community.
- Fall Creek, a 2,300-acre development in northeast Houston just inside Beltway 8. Fall Creek surrounds the acclaimed Golf Club of Houston, home of the Shell Houston Open. Two models are open in Fall Creek.
- Harmony, a 1,000-acre community in north Houston just five miles east of Interstate 45 near the ExxonMobil campus. Harmony also is near the Spring Creek Greenway, a 12,000-acre nature preserve for hiking, biking, fishing and bird watching. On April 4, Harmony will host a community event with the Easter Bunny and will unveil the art project celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Johnson Development Corp. Eight model homes will be open for touring. See harmony-houston.com for more information.
- Tuscan Lakes, an 870-acre community in League City on State Highway 96 just two miles west of Interstate 45. This Tuscan-themed development is minutes from the Johnson Space Center and the Kemah Boardwalk. The public can participate in the April 23 unveiling of the art display celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Johnson Development Corp. and enjoy festivities marking Tuscan Lakes’ 10th anniversary.
- Willow Creek Farms, a 600-acre community just south of Interstate 10 and west of Katy in Brookshire. More than 1,100 families will call Willow Creek Farms home, enjoying trails, a full Olympic-size pool, recreation center, splash pad and Katy schools. Four model homes will be showcased for the tour.
- Woodforest, a 3,000-acre development seven miles west of Interstate 45 in South Montgomery County and is one of the top 20 best-selling developments in the nation. Visitors can tour homes and community amenities during the Saturday Trolley Tours April 4, 18 and 25. Plus, the Angel Half Marathon and the grand opening of the Deerbourne Ridge model home park will happen April 11. Arbor Day celebrations are planned for April 25. The development will have 27 model homes available for touring. For details, visit woodforesttx.com.
“Houston’s Largest Home Tour”