Scene in the Bend: Cari Middaugh February 2017
FOR GALAS, PARTIES, LUNCHEONS
FOR SCHOOL & STUDENT NEWS AND OTHER HAPPENINGS:
Central Fort Bend Chamber Gala
On Friday, Dec. 2, the Central Fort Bend Chamber held its Annual Gala, a Winter Soiree. Guests arrived in style and were greeted by Santa and Mrs. Claus, snow, Nutcrackers and enjoyed a full night of fun. Awards were presented to the 2016 Distinctive Service Honorees, Jeff and Ann Council, for their continuous service made within the community and Chamber. Jeff Council served as President of the Board for the Rosenberg-Richmond Area Chamber of Commerce in 1973, 1986 and 1987, with Ann serving as the first female Board Member since its inception. The Councils continue to display great leadership within Fort Bend County.
Jeff Haley with Si Environmental, LLC was also presented with an award for his excellent service as the Chamber’s 2016 Chairman of the Board. The evening featured photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, a tree decorating contest, a silent and live auction filled with goodies for the whole family. Guests danced the night away to a live performance by The Killer Dueling Pianos.
1) Regina Morales, Central Fort Bend Chamber; Jeff Council, Ann Council, and Jeff Haley, Si Environmental LLC
2) Christin McDonald, McDonald & Wessendorff Insurance; Ali McDonald, McDonald & Wessendorff Insurance; Danielle Biermann, Jared Biermann, Jones|Carter, Kathryn Robinson, Heritage Texas Properties; Garet Robinson, Michelle Messina, Tamara S. Osina DDS PA and Debbie Gaona
3) Joe and Doris Gurecky, Gurecky Manufacturing Services
4) Freddy Lopez, Expert Collision Center with Amanda Lopez
Photo Credit: Elvia Morales
Child Advocates of Fort Bend Christmas Home Tour Sponsor Party
On Sunday evening, Dec. 4, more than 150 Christmas Home Tour Sponsors, homeowners and special guests gathered in the beautiful home of Manmeet and Paul Likhari for Child Advocates of Fort Bend’s Christmas Home Tour Sponsor Party celebrating the agency’s 25th Anniversary. Guests dined on delicious appetizers courtesy of Bombay Brasserie. Child Advocates of Fort Bend CEO Ruthanne Mefford thanked guests for their support and talked about the impact the home tour has had in our community these last 25 years and how Child Advocates of Fort Bend has grown. Former Executive Director LindaShultz spoke briefly about the early years of the Home Tour.
1) Hosts Paul and Manmeet Likhari with Child Advocates of Fort Bend CEO Ruthanne Mefford
2) Sponsor Party Sponsors Tracey and Jim Shaw with Child Advocates of Fort Bend Development Officer Irene Wisner
3) Darla Farmer, Linda Shultz and Mary Ann Gardner
4) Jacque Burgess and Cynthia Barratt
5) Nell Ciancarelli, Betty Baitland, Joanne Eagleton and Ann Smith
6) Larry and Teena Caldwell
7) Mike and Paula Hartman
Photo Credit: Child Advocates
FBJSL Sugar Plum Market Preview Night
The Fort Bend Junior Service League held yet another successful Sugar Plum Market last November. The 16th annual two-day Market was attended by more than 8,000 shoppers! On Thursday evening, sponsors and a limited number of guests enjoyed a sold-out evening of private shopping and delicious hors d’oeuvres provided by 26 Daisies Catering as well as a Kendra Scott Trunk show. There were more than 100 vendors and $310,000 was raised for 22 local charities as well as the FBJSL community assistance fund. The Market was presented by the Fort Bend Junior Service League and Memorial Hermann Hospital Sugar Land.
1) (Back row): Diana Collins, Laura Richard, Liz Furman, Sharlene Jacobson, Deanna Clapsaddle, Lana Flory, Pat Houck LuciaStreet and Melissa Ives; ( front row): Teresa Cox-Reading, Vicki Latham and Charlene Rogers
2) Jim Brown and Greg Haralson of Memorial Hermann
3) Mary Favre and Laura Millis
4) Liz Furman and Lisa Giesler
5) FBJSL President Laura Taylor with Jennifer Kirkpatrick
6) Mimi Zayback with her mom Wafa Baba
7) Heather and Jim Brown with Kimberly Camp
8) Jamie Lindquist-Harris, Tracy Pipes and Diana Null
Photo Credit: Mary Favre and Liz Furman